As a residential architect specializing in the shingle style, I have decided to try and design an architecturally “A+” 2100 (amended to 2721 sqft) square foot house to make available to the masses for a low cost compared to my one off designs for full service fees. The style will be Neo-New England vernacular design; very simple and boxy to save money, analogous to a traditional cape or colonial, but putting a focus on architectural design and material quality rather than traditional fluff.

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Please Note - This entire design and blog is Copyrighted at http://www.copyright.gov/, titled "Zoophorus 0815 | Opus One", claim number 1-145569441

2 comments:

Chris Stewart said...

Nice work David, is the area still around 2100 sq.ft.?

David Andreozzi said...

Hi Chris,

Thank you!

As of now I am at 2025 sqft of heated space to the outside walls. I am seriously thinking making extra thick double exterior walls which might add to that.

I think its interesting to reconsider living in a stupid box! Why cant a box be beautiful?

Oh, by the way, I still have 3 beds and two bathes ahead of me. Can I borrow your shoe horn!

Dave

Followers

BlogCatalog

Architect Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory