As a residential architect specializing in the shingle style, I have decided to try and design an architecturally “A+” 2100 (amended to 2721 sqft) square foot house to make available to the masses for a low cost compared to my one off designs for full service fees. The style will be Neo-New England vernacular design; very simple and boxy to save money, analogous to a traditional cape or colonial, but putting a focus on architectural design and material quality rather than traditional fluff.

Thursday, December 25, 2008


I spent some time on the 2nd floor last night (Christmas Eve,) and this morning. It works fine, but I was really disappointed in the little things, that most would not notice. I was just too confined by the square footage to refine the symmetries, asymmetries, and typical well designed architectural relationships that I demand in my work. Part of me wants to simply redraw this design with another couple hundred square feet to improve things, but ultimately I decided to keep moving forward.

Peace to all!

Dave

No comments:

Followers

BlogCatalog

Architect Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory