As a residential architect specializing in the shingle style, I have decided to try and design an architecturally “A+” 2100 (amended to 2721 sqft) square foot house to make available to the masses for a low cost compared to my one off designs for full service fees. The style will be Neo-New England vernacular design; very simple and boxy to save money, analogous to a traditional cape or colonial, but putting a focus on architectural design and material quality rather than traditional fluff.

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Foxtrot - Modular building block system for building exterior construction


Copyright Case #1-149089831 (Jan 08, 2009)
Copyright Case #1-149089831 (Jan 08, 2009)

6 comments:

lavardera said...

Now its looking like more of a veneer system.

In anycase the CMU houses I mentioned before in my neighborhood are now posted over at CORA:

http://coragroups.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6994#6994

David Andreozzi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
David Andreozzi said...

Dave R convinced me that the 8" blocks were stupid... He didn't convince me that I was stupid. The cmu wall has now become a modular veneer.

I love those houses in your link. It just goes to show you how modern I aint!

lavardera said...

Did you see the PA award from last year for the CMU patterns? It was in Architect mag.

David Andreozzi said...

Yes...wonderful abstract shade and shadows as I remember them.

David Andreozzi said...

OK... David, I made it 8" thick to create deep reveals on the windows. Now I am confused again!

Damn...

Followers

BlogCatalog

Architect Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory