As a residential architect specializing in the shingle style, I have decided to try and design an architecturally “A+” 2100 (amended to 2721 sqft) square foot house to make available to the masses for a low cost compared to my one off designs for full service fees. The style will be Neo-New England vernacular design; very simple and boxy to save money, analogous to a traditional cape or colonial, but putting a focus on architectural design and material quality rather than traditional fluff.

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Updated 1st Floor

Here is the updated 1st floor. Still on the move....currently at 1330 sqft. I feel like its getting closer.


3 comments:

lavardera said...

hmmm, I think you gave up nothing from the smaller plan and gained some. I think it works.

But I still think you should take the lessons from here and turn them back on the smaller plan.

David Andreozzi said...

Greg,

Thank you,

You convinced me that the sacrafices I made for that smaller plan were unacceptable. I will come back to it again...later. For now, I think I need to keep on this path.

Dave

lavardera said...

ok, but 3 bedrooms in 2700sqft is... lets just say unusual... If that study can be reached from the hall and be a nursery or alt bedroom you have a case for 4 bedrooms which sounds fine.

Followers

BlogCatalog

Architect Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory