As a residential architect specializing in the shingle style, I have decided to try and design an architecturally “A+” 2100 (amended to 2721 sqft) square foot house to make available to the masses for a low cost compared to my one off designs for full service fees. The style will be Neo-New England vernacular design; very simple and boxy to save money, analogous to a traditional cape or colonial, but putting a focus on architectural design and material quality rather than traditional fluff.

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Slow Moving

4 comments:

Tom Emerson said...

Less wine, more drawing!

Christopher Hough said...

Hmm.. have you thought about making the entire house of glass block?

(Just kidding!)

David Andreozzi said...

I dont know about the less wine...but I agree on the more drawing! Tom, moving those blocks around in groups is a total pain in the astragal, but I want to fight through it. Even if i dont go in this direction, I would love to see the model.

Chris, I would use pittsburgh corning vista brick "glass block" jail block in a New York second. They are like big solid ice cubes. I used they in many locations....sexy, and stunning.

I dont know about my budget though! ;^)

Tom Emerson said...

Ok, then - more wine, more drawing. It's not just a social lubricant anymore! Seriously, though, how are you planning to deal with the radius at the entry and the oval window surround? I too like the glass block idea in some ways - not for the whole house, but if you are conceptualizing in masonry, rather than in wood and adapting, then there are any number of masonry oriented ways of dealing with things.

Followers

BlogCatalog

Architect Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory