As a residential architect specializing in the shingle style, I have decided to try and design an architecturally “A+” 2100 (amended to 2721 sqft) square foot house to make available to the masses for a low cost compared to my one off designs for full service fees. The style will be Neo-New England vernacular design; very simple and boxy to save money, analogous to a traditional cape or colonial, but putting a focus on architectural design and material quality rather than traditional fluff.

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

OK, laugh now!

This was my idea, try and make a cost effactive modular unit that might be easy to manufacture and pretty! Pretty sexy! Mies just turned over in his grave! Too bad is doesn't work.

3 comments:

Thomas Potts said...

I'm thinking more like FLW and the block houses from the 20's- La Miniatura or the Freeman house.
why not think about sips panels or ICF's.- how about traditional new england clapboard, done in cemplank.

David Andreozzi said...

I will start by saying, I couldn't shine his shoes... but I agree, that is exactly my thoughts.

I dont know that much about sips... maybe I should do som exploration.

Thanks

Dave

Thomas Potts said...

I was thinking sips and icf's because of a previous comment about floor attachment inside. Now I'm thinking about tilt-up concrete panels ala commercial construction, where a pattern can be placed in the form prior to making the panel. I'm posting this after you have gone a long way down the road thinking about the mechanics of your blocks. I'm just thinking about the look of what you're making.

Followers

BlogCatalog

Architect Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory